Adobe Ideas is a unique iPad drawing app. What makes it different from most iPad apps is that it is vector based. Vector based graphics are scaleable – allowing you to easily resize or zoom in without loosing image quality. If you’re a CS5 Photoshop or Illustrator user, Adobe Ideas is a great companion. Here’s the best part:
– create a sketch in Adobe Ideas and save it as a PDF file
– email it from your iPad/iPhone
– open this PDF is Illustrator or Photoshop for further editing!
For example, you can create a sketch in Adobe Ideas, email it to yourself, then throw it into Illustrator to adjust your Bézier Curves, combine the sketch with other work or layers on your computer, or add some copy. You can even add a background image in Ideas and and create separate layers for drawings (vector) and photos (raster).
Adobe Ideas now has a new in-app purchase option, where you can purchase additional layers. Be sure to check it out!
– variable-size brushes using multitouch control
– vector eraser
– gallery-style organizer to quickly scroll through your ideas and color themes
– virtual canvas
– automatic creation of harmonized color themes from your photos or images
– ability to easily select specific colors from photos or images
– separate drawing and photo layers
– easy creation of multiple versions of design concepts
– 50-level undo/redo
– fast sketch saving, avoiding the loss of data when you close the app or you need to answer a phone call
– drawings saved to “saved photos” album on iPad and iPhone (no need to create a screenshot)
– ability to email ideas as PDF files for editing in Illustrator and Photoshop or for viewing with any PDF viewer
– support for iPhone 4 retina display
– support for iOS 4 multitasking