Adobe Creative Cloud allows you to have two devices active. For example – your desktop computer and your laptop. So what happens if you try to install on a third device? Creative Cloud asks you to either deactivate the license on one of your other computers, or offers to deactivate all currently activated computers.
A few days ago, I was installing Creative Cloud on my new MacBook Pro. I ran into this issue – but was not sure which of my devices had a current activation. I assumed that Adobe had this info in my account somewhere, so I decided to explore – and share the results with you.
- It’s pretty simple.
- login to your creative cloud account
- select Manage Account
- you may be asked you to login again
- select Plans and Products
- under your Creative Cloud plan, select Manage Plan
- in the column on the right, you’ll see a section titled Activated devices
- click the ‘x’ icon by the device you want to deactivate
Simple enough! If you accidentally deactivate a device, simply reactive by launching any Adobe application. It will ask you to login, thus activating that device.