Having problems hearing sound coming from your Mac on your Presonus StudioLive? Here’s a bit of info that may help.
First off, your StudioLive 16.4.2 can be used as the main Core Audio device on your Mac. You can route the main outputs of your Mac to any of its available output streams. By default, these streams are routed to Channels 1 and 2 on your StudioLive 16.4.2. The obvious limitation of this is that you will use up two input channels on your StudioLive just for Core Audio playback. Sometimes that’s not ideal. A better idea is to use Channels 17 and 18 for Core Audio playback. These are available through the FireWire Return buttons inside the 2 Track In and Monitor sections of the StudioLive.
Here’s how you can configure your StudioLive to be used as the main audio playback device for your Mac:
1. Go to MacHD | Applications | Utilities and launch Audio MIDI setup.
2. Click on the Configure Speakers button.
3. Deselect Stream 1 and select Stream 2 instead.
4. Choose Channel 17 for the left speaker and Channel 18 for the right speaker.
5. When you are finished, click Apply and then Done.